This request for the library to refund charges must be received within 90 days of the billing date. Requests will be reviewed by Library Administration. Please allow 30 days for processing.
If you think that library has made an error that resulted in an unwarranted charge on your account, or if you have any extenuating circumstances that made it difficult to renew or return library materials on time, you may file an appeal. The library will assess the appeal; and charges may be upheld, reduced or waived. To file an appeal, please submit the Refund Request Form within 90 days of the billing date.
The following are NOT generally regarded as valid reasons to waive or reduce fines:
- Forgetting or not knowing due dates, amounts of fines, or Library policies.
- Disagreeing with fee structure or Library policies.
- Loaning the item to another person, or borrowing materials for another person.
- Being too busy or being out of town.
- Claiming that you needed the item more than another borrower, or that you were not done with the item.
- Not receiving or reading the library notices and emails sent your GatorLink account.
- Transportation problems.
- Financial problems.