The George A. Smathers Libraries Access and Resource Sharing Department is committed to supporting the teaching and research goals of the diverse faculty, students, and staff of the University of Florida. We facilitate access to information and resources via interlibrary loan and document delivery services, print and electronic course reserves, and by forming resource sharing partnerships at the local, state, regional, national and international levels.
The Access and Resource Sharing team actively participates in collaborative programs with other UF library departments and with external partners in order to develop user-focused services and foster excellence in a diverse and global society.
- Advance user access to information resources through unified access services policy, procedures and best practice
- Review and update circulation manual
- Standardize library circulation policies, procedures, and practices across all branch libraries
- Develop efficient and easy to use services for all library users
- Provide timely, quality customer service to all library users
- Promote open educational materials and provide affordable course materials