Can I use ill?
Any faculty member, emeritus faculty, staff and students who are currently employed or enrolled at UF, including IFAS & REC centers are eligible for ILL services.
how much does it Cost?
Interlibrary Loan is a free service for students, staff, and faculty affiliated with the University of Florida.
i can’t wait!
I need it NOW!
Electronic articles take about 3-5 days, while physical loans can take 1-4 weeks. If you’re in a hurry, learn how your request can qualify for Rapid ILL.
can i request my textbook?
No Textbook Requests
ILL is not a substitute for purchasing your course textbooks. Visit the Course Reserves for free access to your textbooks.
To place an Interlibrary Loan Request, always check the UF Library Catalog first (make sure to connect to the UF VPN for full access if you are off campus). If we do not own what you are looking for, log into your Interlibrary Loan Account using your GatorLink credentials and submit a request. For detailed instructions, visit the How-to Guide for ILLiad.
Unless the lending library has specified “No renewals,” items can usually be renewed for an additional 1-2 weeks. Renewals are granted at the discretion of the lending library and MUST be renewed BEFORE the due date printed on the band.
- Log in to your Interlibrary Loan Account.
- In the Main Menu (left side of the ILLiad screen), under the “View” section click on “Checked out Items.”
- Click on the Transaction Number you want to renew.
- On the next screen, click on “Renew Request” in red above the Transaction Information and you will be given a new due date.
Please sign the band to indicate that you are done using the item and authorize Interlibrary Loan to return the item to the lending library. If your request is multiple pieces, please return them at the same time.
ILL materials can be returned in the following ways:
- At the Library West or HSCL circulation desk in person.
- If you are a Distance Patron, return the item using the included pre-paid UPS shipping label.
- If you are not a distance patron, but you forgot to return your book before going out of town, ship the item back to the library by following the Safe Packing and Shipping Guidelines.
Please do not return ILL items in the book drops
Please note that an item you returned may still show as checked out for 1 additional business day.
Need more help?
This database can be used to find more information about a journal. Visit Worldcat.org and use the advanced search option.
Ulrich’s International Periodicals Directory
Ulrich’s is a bibliographic database providing detailed, comprehensive authority information on serials published throughout the world.
This database allows you to search for various journals indexed in PubMed, PubMed Central, and other journals in the medical fields.